Toscano IGP Pratola Colorino
Le Pratola is a perfectly balanced red wine with a very concentrated ruby red color with violet hues. The nose features striking notes of black cherry, followed by hints of chocolate, cinnamon, tobacco and black pepper. Very soft and meaty on the palate, thanks to the delicate tannins. Very lingering finish.
The Le Pratola vineyard is located at 400 meters above sea level and is well-exposed to the sun, but well-protected when the sun is at its maximum intensity. The temperature change at night promotes slow and well-balanced maturation, with sweet tannins and complex extracts. The soil, which is rich in Galestro stone, is well-drained and provides minerality and natural acid tones. The wine that comes from this vineyard was a pure Merlot until the 2015 vintage. From the 2018 vintage, however, it has been changed with the use of a native grape variety, Colorino.
- APPELLATION: Toscana IGT
- GRAPE VARIETY: Colorino 100% (since vintage 2018, before it was Merlot 100% until 2015)
- VINEYARD: Pratola
- SOIL: Medium-textured, rich in rock fragments typical of the Alberese area and limestone.
- VINEYARD SIZE: 4 ha
- VINEYARD AGE: 20 years old
- EXPOSURE: North/South
- AVERAGE ALTITUDE: 400m a.s.l.
- VINEYARD DENSITY: 5000 vines/hectare
- AVERAGE YIELD PER PLANT: 1kg
- CULTIVATION/PRUNING: Spur pruning
- HARVEST: First half of October
- MACERATION: At a temperature of about 28°C for 10/12 days
- FERMENTATION: Malolactic in steel
- AGING: At least 18 months in barriques at various stages, then at least 6 months in steel and 1 year in the bottle.
- ANNUAL PRODUCTION: About 7,000 bottles
Rocca di Castagnoli